Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The best baguette in Paris

I just couldn't leave without tasting the baguette that won Le Grand Prix de la Baguette de la Ville de Paris (only the French would have an official award for achievement in baguette making). So this morning I made the trek all the way across the city to the 18th arrondissement to Boulangerie Mauvieux, recipient of this year's honor. I picked up a still-warm baguette de tradition and brought it for a final picnic brunch on the Champ de Mars (my roommate Katie left today :( ). So was it truly the best baguette in Paris? I've never been one to discriminate when it comes to bread in any form, but I will say that with its crispy crunchy crust and its soft airy innards, this was definitely one of the best I've had. Sorry I didn't take a picture of it!

1 comment:

  1. missing Paris, baguettes & you already! hope you made it back safe and sound to san fran :)

    ReplyDelete